Liwan's membership programme aims to build a network and community central to the country's creative economy. It addresses the need to create a pool of resources and provide flexible access to them, alongside a curated space, just for local designers.
A Liwan membership entitles the members to 24h access to all of our spaces and facilities, including members-only events. The programme opens up Liwan as a creative space to the burgeoning design community in Qatar in the form of an easy-to-reach, easy-to-use, collaborative hub in the heart of the city.
- They shall provide information, which is true, accurate and up to date.
- They shall use the Liwan facilities responsibly and with due care.
- They shall use the lab spaces strictly in accordance with the policies set by the lab consultants.
- They shall not use the bookable spaces in Liwan without express permission, which shall only be granted through bookings on the website or an email confirmation from firstname.lastname@example.org
- They shall behave respectfully and professionally towards all other members, staff, residents, and visitors at Liwan.
- They shall respect decisions of Liwan staff with regards to renewals and membership status as final.
- The member shall not use or produce any content which violates the applicable laws or violates the intellectual property or other rights of Liwan or others, or that is fraudulent, obscene, unprofessional, offensive, misleading, or defamatory.
- They shall not misuse the membership program, including but not limited to, troublesome behavior or showing a lack of respect towards the staff, criminal, unethical or immoral actions. In such instances, Liwan reserves the right to exclude the member(s) in question from the program.
- The membership is renewable, however, Liwan reserves the right to reject such a request since spaces in the program are limited and granted on the approval of an application.
- Membership is open on a rolling basis. Applications are open to all residents of Qatar over the age of 18 and require proof of residency, a letter of intent, and a CV OR portfolio.
- Memberships are valid for 12 months from the start date.
- All applicants will be contacted via email to be informed of the status of their application within 15 working days as applications are on a rolling basis.
- Approved applicants will be given two weeks' notice before their membership is activated, and the fees deducted.
- Members will be provided with a membership card and a locker on their first day at Liwan.
- Applicants may also be waitlisted and promptly informed of any change in their status.
- Membership cannot be withdrawn.
- Types of membership:
- An individual membership
- A collective/group membership (consisting of a minimum of 2 to a maximum of 7 people).
The following benefits cover both specific design tools and community resources, ensuring that at Liwan, members are encouraged to create their work in an environment where they can experiment, collaborate, network, and test the boundaries of design.
- Co-working spaces and meeting rooms
- Private studio
- Prototype lab access
- Photography studio
- Leather lab
- Cay lab
- High-speed internet
- Locker space on-premises
- Liwan bike service
- Liwan library access
- Exclusive community newsletter
- Invitations to workshops and guest lectures
- Subsidised or no-cost entry to Liwan events
- Volunteering opportunities at Liwan events
- Entry to all exhibitions and networking events held in Liwan
- Peer-critique sessions
- Access to library/archives
- Showcase opportunities
- Access to VCUarts Qatar Materials Library collection